St. Luke's United Methodist Church
Friday, May 24, 2013
Growing to Serve
Opportunities to Worship
We have three services on Sunday morning:
· 8:00 AM - a traditional service with a Chancel Choir. Communion is served the first Sunday of every month.
· 9:30 AM - a traditional service with Communion served every Sunday.
· 11:00 AM - a traditional service with a Chancel Choir. Communion is served the first Sunday of every month.
Opportunities to Serve in Worship
· Acolyte Coordinator/Helper– Coordinate the schedule for acolytes. Schedule training for our acolytes. Help get acolytes ready.
· Altar Guild - Change cloths on the altar, refill candles, etc.
· Communion Preparation - purchase bread and juice, prepare elements for Sunday morning.
· Communion Steward - serve Communion during the service.
· Homebound Communion Server - take the consecrated Communion elements to our members who are homebound.
· Lay Reader - read Scriptures during the Sunday services.
· Restock Pew Supplies - refill the pew racks with envelopes, registration cards, attendance pads, etc.
· Special & Seasonal Decorations - help decorate the church for special events and church seasons.
· Usher - greet people as they enter the narthex, pass out bulletins, help new guest find a seat, collect offering, help with Communion, and clean-up the sanctuary in between services.
Flowers for the Altar Area
We have a chart on the Worship Ministry bulletin board where you can sign up to have flowers in the altar area in honor or memory of someone or a special occasion.